Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Don't forget to add the Youtube certs. My youtube was working fine so I figured I didn't need it. PUSH worked well but Youtube clunked out. I had to redo the whole keychain/certificate process. Not too much of a big deal. Oh and don't forget to retype in all your passwords to anything that once required you to do so.

sabotage79

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2006
Same here. The has been reports that our messages are going out to anyone else who is using the same certs. I think this is the case, and most of my messages never get through.

There are others reporting this issue here:
http://brambourgonjon.wordpress.com/2009/06/18/push-2g/

I've since turned push off until a better fix is in place for hactivated 2g users, hopefully from the dev team.

ucbearcats

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks for the heads up on this fix! I wonder how it differs from using a cert from someone else, such as the fix mentioned here?

edit: seems to be working great. Hopefully it will keep working this time.
Push is working, however if my screen is off I don't get the pushes. Frustrating

sabotage79

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2006
Push is working, however if my screen is off I don't get the pushes. Frustrating

So I tested this, and it seems to stop working after a period of inactivity. If you simply put the phone to sleep with the top button, you can then immediatly receive a push, but if you wait a few minutes, then push no longer works.

Wake the phone up, then push works again.

Any ideas why that would be?

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
So I tested this, and it seems to stop working after a period of inactivity. If you simply put the phone to sleep with the top button, you can then immediatly receive a push, but if you wait a few minutes, then push no longer works.

Wake the phone up, then push works again.

Any ideas why that would be?

This is my experience as well...unfortunately.

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
I turned my push off too. It just doesn't work right on a hacktivated phone. Hopefully the dev team will get this going eventually, but for now it isn't worth it.

SolRayz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale
I turned Push off too and honestly I'm loosing all interest after watching my battery indicator run dry before my very eyes. Not really worth it imo.:(

WaitWhat

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2008
Random IM+ messages being pushed to me.

How do I go about uninstalling the fix so as to stop the random messages? I actually tracked down someone on FB whom I was getting messages from, turns out he's getting mine as well. Neither of us know each other, at least we didn't until now.

iPlato

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2007
Push notifications in 3.1 with a 2G iPhone?

How do I go about uninstalling the fix so as to stop the random messages? I actually tracked down someone on FB whom I was getting messages from, turns out he's getting mine as well. Neither of us know each other, at least we didn't until now.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm still not getting any push notifications after jailbreaking to 3.1 on a 2g iPhone. I'm using a pay as you go sim card so I had to hacktivate it as well. I'd try the PushFix, but I don't really want my im's going to random people. Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.