Push Mail APP Recommendation for Macbook ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by augustya, Jan 17, 2014.

1. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

I have found that the Push-mail in my Macbook doesn't refresh even when I press the Envelope Button in the Top Left Corner. And so I am looking out for a better Push-mail APP... Any suggestions on which is a more reliable and efficient Mail APP then then inbuilt Push Mail provided by Apple in the Mac.

I was thinking between Airmail and Mail...

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

3. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

All the other things work fine for me with the same service that I have, so why would this Push Mail only work for me. I am not a Gmail user intact I use Yahoo for my Mails. So these PUSH MAIL APP mentioned on this page do they only work with Gmail ?

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I'm thinking the fastest way to get Yahoo or Gmail emails is via the web apps.

5. Sbowen67 macrumors newbie

Search Google for Hosted Kerio Connect and discover the best alternative for Gmail

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Use iCloud email.

Google removed push mail from new devices many months ago.

8. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Uh ?? is the Native Mail APP on the Mac not supposed to be a Push Mail service ?? It is indeed !! But it is Pathetic thats a different story :-( and you can configure your Gmail also there !

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Use iCloud account in your Mac Mail. iCloud has push:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2589

Yes you can setup Gmail in Mac Mail. As already mentioned, Google DISABLED push email on new devices for almost a year now.
    http://www.zdnet.com/google-drops-exchange-activesync-support-for-free-email-accounts-7000008836/

10. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

People who use AIRMAIL have you guys also noticed this, that AIRMAIL though however efficient it may be, it still has some lag in recieving mails. I mean just as a Test I tried to send myself a Test Mail and it came to my mailbox from a different email account Gmail to Yahoo after 10-15 Minutes. So this Pushmail isnt instant (Versus what it is supposed to be) is the Pushmail not suppossed to be instant ? I can see the Yahoo webmail had recieved that mail but the AIRMAIL Push service had only sent a alert after 10-15 minutes. Has anyone else noticed that ?

11. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Gmail will push to my Mac very quickly with the idle command in Mail checked, and the setting on frequency to check to "manual." Which seems counterintuitive, but it works. That's on a new machine, but it was migrated from an older one. So I dunno if the newer push restrictions to paid accounts affects me. But I thought it had to do with the idle command, which Mac mail supports, but iOS doesn't.

But I also use Altamail on iOS; it has a companion desktop appliction that sends me instant notifications on my iPhone of mail sent via gmail. Not quite push, but close. And it actually allows more control.

12. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

I have Yahoo SMTP Account Setup and refresh Frequency to 1 Minute still there is a considerable Lag it seems...

13. robgendreau macrumors 68030

I have the opposite problem from gmail with Yahoo: it pushes on iOS but NOT on Mac OS. But since I don't care about battery use on the Mac I don't really care and just manually refresh.

I noticed the idle command is greyed out in my yahoo accounts. I'm not even sure if it does push to Mac OS without a hack; it took them forever to even implement IMAP for non-mobile devices. So the problem may be with them, not your client (Mail or whatever).

Again, I'd suggest looking for a good provider and use their recommendations. Google for example gives a better choice of options to paid customers, which makes sense. Or you could forward from Yahoo through iCloud. Or pay; I use easyMail which is fantastic.