Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patimages

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2015
Hi,
I would love to get my professional emails pushed on my iphone. Unfortunately, our server cannot do that, only IMAP. So, I was looking in the possibility to forward my mails to a yahoo account (or other allowing push). This works.

However, I have an issue on my iphone : I can't reply to a mail sent to yahoo or other "push mail" providers using my professional address. I can compose new mails using my professional address but replying seems to always occur from the account the mail was received to.

Would anyone have a trick to bypass this limitation ?

Thanks for any help !

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Get something like Boxcar:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/boxcar-2/id782987891?mt=8

It's kind of what you're doing but instead of getting a whole forwarded e-mail you just get a notification.

It works by forwarding your mail to Boxcar and then Boxcar sends you a notification on your phone telling you that there's new mail. You then open mail and let it check the server at that point.

In fact, you can even switch mail from 15 minutes (or whatever you have) to simply "manual" because the Mail app never has to check now. You always get a Boxcar notification.

gordon1234

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I know Google has an "alias" feature where you can have mail forwarded to your Gmail account and then respond and it will show the origin as being the address it was originally forwarded from. This sounds like exactly what you want. I believe you need to use the official Gmail app for this to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.