Push Not Working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xleedaniel, Jun 20, 2009.

1. xleedaniel macrumors member

Ive tested my gmail account by sending an email to myself. my iphone has push on but i still havent gotten it. isnt the iphone supposed to be push now?

2. TavisB macrumors member

gmail does not push. Try yahoo mail if you want free push email.

3. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Push Notifications are for apps. Gmail still doesn't have push.

4. xleedaniel thread starter macrumors member

does anyone know of a free app that has push so i can text push for my iphone. i swear i dont think its working...something seems wrong

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

AP News (or AP Mobile)

6. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

text push?? what are you talking about??? TEXTING has always been instant.. For email, you need a yahoo account..

There is a free texting app out there.. i'm sure its close to #1 in the app store. TEXT FREE or something like that

7. xleedaniel thread starter macrumors member

fring. its my 2nd iphone 3gs because the first one had problems. but i notcied that with my 2nd iphone 3gs, when im out of the fring app i dont get notification that osmeone sent me a message. i had that with my first 3gs...

8. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

umm.. well, fring has not yet been updated to work with PUSH.. So that would be why you arent getting push yet

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Someone posted a link on here about what apps have push so far. fring wasn't one of them, from what I remember. However, to test your notifications just use something like AP.

10. xleedaniel thread starter macrumors member

i downloaded ap....my phones been sitting there doing nothing. is it because my town has nothing amazing happening? lol

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

No, when you open the AP app, you should get a message like "do you want to enable push notifications"

12. JeffMonty macrumors member

I've had the AP app since its been released and have only received a few push notifications from them, they don't happen on a regular basis. On a sidenote though, I wish that after you received a push notification (from the AP) when you next go into the app it would display the corresponding story that was pushed. Right now it just goes into the front page.