Push notification after GP + Redsn0w

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by srbh, Feb 6, 2011.

1. srbh macrumors newbie

Hi,

I dont have the official SIM and my phone is locked to ATT. I need to unlock.
    So I preserved my BB and updated from 4.1 to 4.2.1. Jailbreak with GP and activated with Redsn0w

First of all, its totally worth till now, battery life has doubled, far better performance, better proximity sensor behaviour,everythings fine except that PUSH notification are not working for me.

PUSH for exchange server mail is working though. youtube is working. GPSis working. Only apps doesnt show any PUSH notification.

I have tested it on a messenger service app (meebo)

I know about PUSH Doctor and PUSHfix. While is not easily doable, other charges 6$

I want to know if anyone has faced this and has found a wprkaround.

Please discuss.

2. bella92108 macrumors 68000

What apps specifically are you not getting notifications from?

3. srbh thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried facebook, Meebo (Messenger), sports updates.. basically none is working..

push checker says push ID is not unique.

4. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Yikes, not sure what might have caused that. I have a iPhone 4 factory unlocked and fresh 4.2.1 w\ greenpoison, and the push notifications are working for me (Facebook, CNN, FlightStats)...

You could always try a fresh install (not an upgrade), and then test the push notifications, then re-JB and apply your backup. My *GUESS* is there's something corrupt in your backup and it's causing the issue, but that's one of those that could be anything. Aside from starting from scratch and seeing where the issue becomes evident, not sure what alternatives you have.

EDIT: I just saw that you're not on an official AT&T sim. What sim you using? I assume T-Mo or are you not in the US?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You need to activate with an official sim. Since it's hactivated you will have issues.
    Or try the various push fixes or SAM.