Push Notification Disable

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by AudioAw2015, Apr 28, 2014.

1. AudioAw2015 macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I searched the forums and hadn't found anything.

Basically, I switched from Android to iOS and I want to know what's the proper way to disable push notifications. In Android, notifications are handled per app, but in iOS I get notification centre and notification options in apps.

If I disable notifications in the notification centre, does it disable notifications entirely, or do I still have to go into each app and disable each toggle?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Notification Center settings will take care of it all on your device.

3. AudioAw2015 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I noticed that some apps doesn't warn me though about push being disabled in settings. Example, twitter tells me that I have disabled it in notifications center and all toggles are greyed out. But the nike running app and fancy app doesn't warn me and the toggles are still effective. How does that work?

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

I believe that's up to the app developer to check and see if they want to say anything about it. Also Twitter and Facebook and a few other apps have more integration into iOS (as they even have their own settings in the Settings app), so they could potentially have more abilities when it comes to checking for some system items that are available to them.