Push notification display oddness.

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by SERAPHRowen, Sep 22, 2010.

1. SERAPHRowen macrumors newbie

So I've got an app up and running that pushes multiple local notifications to go off at the same time.

Ideally, when the appropriate time arises, one will show up, user clicks close, then the next shows up, etc... for however many alerts get notified at that time.

What I'm seeing however is I get a flash of the first event, then it goes away, then I see the last event, and it goes in reverse order they were scheduled as I click close. I suspected this is because the alerts are a stack, and verified that by scheduling the events each a second apart. It' clear only one event can be displayed at once, and each second, the new message gets pushed on the stack and thus shown until each has been pushed. Then as I click close they are popped again.

I'm a little unsure of what to do with the problem of the first event flashing when I schedule them all at once, as I don't seem to have any control over how the alerts are displayed, but that flash is visually jarring. Anyone run into this and perhaps know of some creative work around?

2. ianray macrumors 6502

Faced with a similar problem, I changed my App to concatenate the text from multiple local notifications into one long text that is presented in a single notification.

Another work-around might be to schedule simultaneous local notifications with some delay between them.