Push notification for App Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ODog4523, Jun 22, 2009.

1. ODog4523 macrumors regular

ODog4523

Has anyone noticed if this is happening? That'd be much nicer than having to go into the App to check for updates.

PS: The updates section has been really slow lately...for me anyway...

2. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

That'd be great. You know what else would be great? If the apps you update would STAY updated instead of it always saying you need to update stuff, such as an update that came out in '08 and you have downloaded three times.

3. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

It would be nice, but apple has it like that for a reason. They WANT you to open up the app store so that you can see whats in there and you can buy more crap:p. I really dont open my app store to look for more stuff, but to check for updates. However, i end up going to categories now that it has loaded and i check out whats new. Which is what apple want to happen.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There are no plans to have push notification for the app store, probably for the reasons mentioned above.

5. Acronym macrumors 68000

i think what the op was saying was that it would work like push notifications with the "slide to view" which would then open up to the app store updates section

6. sam011989 macrumors regular

I don't know if it's an official push, or some fetch or something.

There have been many times where I did not open the app store on my ipod touch running 2.2 a while back, and i would see a badge listing the number of updates available.