Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Angelo921

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
How can I get a push notification on my iPhone 4S (iOS 6) everytime someone likes a status or photo I posted on my wall?

I have my notifications turned on and have checked the Facebook push notifications thru the Facebook app but I don't see an option to turn that particular one on. I'm guessing I should be able to do that just like it can be done with Instagram.

Thanks
Angelo

sohaloh

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2012
London, Ontario
Facebook doesn't have push notifications for photo's, comments, or statuses liked AFAIK. It makes sense cuz if you're fairly active on facebook that would be too many notifications, keeping your screen on and draining your battery.

Angelo921

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
There are push notifications for comments but I don't see them for "likes".

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
Just use their email and SMS notifications from your account on the website. It will let you select photos, comments, statuses, etc., but will appear to you as an email or SMS notification on your phone.

Angelo921

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Under email notifications there is an option for likes but its pretty much broken. It works once in a great while. I don't see it under SMS notification settings though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.