push notification issues on ios 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mirzank, Jul 30, 2013.

1. mirzank macrumors regular

Hi, i've never had push notification issues on my iPhone. everything has been smooth with them as far as i can remember back in the day. but at some point in beta 3, i stopped getting whatsapp notifications. it just randomly happened one day. i've done all the steps i knew and no luck to fix it. all my other apps dont seem to have any problems!

beta 4 didnt' fix this. anybody else experiencing issues with push from third party apps? considering the repeat notification issue of beta 1 and 2, maybe this does have something to do with ios. maybe not.

2. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Have you tried reinstalling the app and reset all settings in Settings > General > Reset.

I'm using Whatsapp as I type and it's working fine for me.

3. mirzank thread starter macrumors regular

thanks. the reset seems to have fixed it. hate using reset since i lose all my networks but in this case guess its worth it.

4. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

I know what you mean but 'Reset All Settings' is like the best troubleshooting step. Tends to fix most things.

5. mirzank thread starter macrumors regular

unfortuantely it seems my issue is not fixed! at the time i spoke too soon, since i just did the reset and sent myself a message from other phone as soon as i minimized whatsapp. it must have still been active or whatever.

i tried doing another reset. tried deleting the app and installing again. tried the reset notification settings within the app. turned off and on notifications from settings. tried everything else i can think of i just wont get my whatsapp notifications back!! very annoying!

6. onponp macrumors newbie

I'm experiencing the exact same issue

Tried everything but still no push.

7. Raelkadd macrumors newbie

Raelkadd

Hard reset has worked for me, but then again I had to redo that in 4 or 5 days.

8. Lakhan.k, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013

Lakhan.k macrumors newbie

I m also having the issue....but when my phone is locked....it seems to b working....but when i am in another app then whatsapp dnt gave a push notification ...same with all third party apps.....its a bug may be....

9. bushido Suspended

bushido

Same issue all of the sudden.

I see the number on the app icon but it does not notify me while im using the phone

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Any change with beta 5? As far as I can tell based on just a bit of beta 5 usage so far, at least for me, it seems like notifications might be back to normal (at least I now see some that I wasn't seeing before).

11. onponp macrumors newbie

Beta 5 on iPhone 4S and still no Whatsapp push. :mad:

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not sure about Whatsapp, which might be more of a isolated/app-specific issue, but it looks like all the usual notifications are working fine in beta 5 (again, so far, and for me).

13. hkyoon macrumors newbie

14. OmarHalabi macrumors newbie

It's really simple, all you have to do is turn off your phone for 30 seconds then turn it back on!