Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxRONNIExx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
California
Every time I open an app that has Push Notification my iPhone tell me to "Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notification"...
I'm not sure why it's doing this now. Went to settings and Push is activated for my app but not working....anyone have any ideas why?

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Every time I open an app that has Push Notification my iPhone tell me to "Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notification"...
I'm not sure why it's doing this now. Went to settings and Push is activated for my app but not working....anyone have any ideas why?

We need some more information:

1) Are you with an official carrier?
2) How did you jailbreak your phone?
3) If you used blackra1n and you are on an official carrier, did you activate your phone through iTunes first?
4) If you used PwnageTool and you are on an official carrier, did you use expert mode and uncheck the "activate" checkbox?
5) If you are not on an official carrier, have you tried pushfix?

xxRONNIExx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
California

1) Are you with an official carrier?
2) How did you jailbreak your phone?
3) If you used blackra1n and you are on an official carrier, did you activate your phone through iTunes first?
4) If you used PwnageTool and you are on an official carrier, did you use expert mode and uncheck the "activate" checkbox?

Thanks for the fast response. Yes Im an carrier with AT&T. I did jailbreak my phone with blackra1n as well. When you say activate through itunes first, it was already activated I just use blackra1n for the jailbreak....

impakt1

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2008
ME TOO!

1) Are you with an official carrier? yes, AT&T
2) How did you jailbreak your phone? blackra1n
3) If you used blackra1n and you are on an official carrier, did you activate your phone through iTunes first? yes

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
Did you leave your sim in during jailbreak. If not, that may be why you don't have push notifications.

There is supposed to be a push fix available on Cydia. You can Google for it.

impakt1

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2008
Did you leave your sim in during jailbreak. If not, that may be why you don't have push notifications.

There is supposed to be a push fix available on Cydia. You can Google for it.

I did leave my sim in during jailbreak. I have the push fix and it doesn't help.

spotsphill

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2009
I downloaded the PushFix and push still doesn't work. It doesn't matter what app I use that has push functionality. Will a re-JB do the trick? This is frustrating.

GravityEyes

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2007
Nashville, TN
Do you have SBSettings installed? I had this problem too, it appeared i had to toggle on/off Push Notifications in SBSettings to get it working again. Was quite frustrating.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.