Push Notification on Mac

Serban

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
How can i add push notifications for MacRumors on Maveriks. When i press subscribe nothing happens

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
How can i add push notifications for MacRumors on Maveriks. When i press subscribe nothing happens
I just tinkered with this a bit and found if you have previously visited the site in Safari and denied the notifications, visiting again and clicking subscribe does nothing.

Go to this pane in Safari prefs and select the MacRumors entry and remove it, then refresh the main MacRumors page and you will get the popup asking if you want notifications. That seemed to work for me.

macjoshua

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2011
Nashville, TN
I just tinkered with this a bit and found if you have previously visited the site in Safari and denied the notifications, visiting again and clicking subscribe does nothing.

Go to this pane in Safari prefs and select the MacRumors entry and remove it, then refresh the main MacRumors page and you will get the popup asking if you want notifications. That seemed to work for me.

I went to that prefs pane and the Macrumors entry isn't there - but I still can't add it. Any ideas?

leventozler

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2009
Just happened to me yesterday.. Somehow Safari kept permissions even after resetting everything.

Go to ~/Library/Safari/RemoteNotifications/ and (backup and) delete Permissions.plist