Push Notification on Unlocked 3GS with non-standard network

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sahajesh, Sep 16, 2009.

1. sahajesh macrumors member

Hi,

I've got a UK 3GS that has been unlocked to work with T-Mobile UK and I can't get push to work - is this because the phone has been jailbroken, because it's not being used with O2 (official network in UK) or both?

Thanks,

Sahajesh.

2. CorranQ macrumors newbie

CorranQ

Jailbroken iPhones won't work with Push unless you manage to borrow a valid push certificate for it from an iPhone or iPod Touch that are officially activated. Installation isn't too complicated, but you have to do it every time you upgrade...

3. sahajesh thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the ihe info - lived without it so far so will carry on!

Cheers.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Not always true, I just found this out. I used my friend's AT&T sim to activate my 3.1 jailbroken phone, and the push weirdly doesn't still work. Ugh.

5. CorranQ macrumors newbie

CorranQ

Well, what I meant by borrowing was by copying the push certificates via DevTeam's Push Fix tool, from one iPhone, to another, not by inserting a sim :-S Which yeah, I've heard works inconsistently...

6. CorranQ macrumors newbie

CorranQ

Probably the best option really, it gets tiring to keep doing the process after a while :-S

7. sahajesh thread starter macrumors member

How about with a factory-unlocked iPhone on a non-standard network, where the phone has not been jailbroken?

8. jvaska macrumors 6502

I paid a small fortune for my unlocked iPhone (two of them actually) and on neither of them does Push work. I live in Europe, so AT&T isn't an option.

Not very happy about this...I'm not jailbreaking my phone for the obvious reason.

9. sahajesh thread starter macrumors member

I've now got a factory-unlocked phone, push works great on it and I have it jailbroken as well, in order to use BiteSMS.

10. OCDMacGeek macrumors 6502a

OCDMacGeek

I have a factory unlocked iPhone 3GS on a non-standard network. Push notifications used to work, but suddenly they do not anymore. I don't know exactly when they stopped working, so I really cannot say whether it was the new update or what.

Is anyone else in this predicament?