Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WeatherGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Hey everyone, this is my first post on the forum. I've been lurking around for quite sometime now. I just installed 3.0 on my iPhone 3g. Through the images I've seen for push notifications, especially with AP, you are supposed to be able to select what stories you want pushed to you. I've gone through my push setting and the settings in AP and I can't find that menu. Am I missing something? Or is that normal.

WeatherGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Hey everyone, this is my first post on the forum. I've been lurking around for quite sometime now. I just installed 3.0 on my iPhone 3g. Through the images I've seen for push notifications, especially with AP, you are supposed to be able to select what stories you want pushed to you. I've gone through my push setting and the settings in AP and I can't find that menu. Am I missing something? Or is that normal.

Am I nuts?

trunksu

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
did AP release the update yet? i thought the screenshots u saw were the devs and the beta software?

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2007

You subscribe to the stories you want.. and I assume they will only push those stories.

WeatherGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Oh okay. Now it makes sense. I'm just trying to figure out how this whole things works.

itsmequinn

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2007
The AP app just sucks right now and gives you no control over which updates you get. It gives you updates every few hours instead of as they happen. It's in need of some work. Apple is being really slow about releasing apps that use push today. Unless of course there aren't any in the approval queue like we all imagine there are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.