Push Notification Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WeatherGuy, Jun 17, 2009.

1. WeatherGuy macrumors member

Hey everyone, this is my first post on the forum. I've been lurking around for quite sometime now. I just installed 3.0 on my iPhone 3g. Through the images I've seen for push notifications, especially with AP, you are supposed to be able to select what stories you want pushed to you. I've gone through my push setting and the settings in AP and I can't find that menu. Am I missing something? Or is that normal.

2. WeatherGuy thread starter macrumors member

Am I nuts?

3. trunksu macrumors 6502

did AP release the update yet? i thought the screenshots u saw were the devs and the beta software?

4. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

You subscribe to the stories you want.. and I assume they will only push those stories.

5. tyranical macrumors regular

I don't even understand what a push notification is lol. Anyone explain?

6. WeatherGuy thread starter macrumors member

Oh okay. Now it makes sense. I'm just trying to figure out how this whole things works.

7. itsmequinn macrumors regular

The AP app just sucks right now and gives you no control over which updates you get. It gives you updates every few hours instead of as they happen. It's in need of some work. Apple is being really slow about releasing apps that use push today. Unless of course there aren't any in the approval queue like we all imagine there are.

8. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

There APP description says only breaking news will push currently.