PUSH NOTIFICATION!!!!!!! when will it come!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jacjac3, Nov 21, 2008.

1. jacjac3 macrumors member

PUSH NOTIFICATION!!!!!!! when will it come!
    today we see 2.2 out. but still no word on push notification.

2. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

I have never had a problem with push. In fact, I get push notification on my iPhone before I get the email in yahoo.

3. Neebee macrumors 6502a

When someone has a crystal ball with a vision of the future. Thats when Push will arrive. ;)

4. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

No what his BIG CAPS MEAN is..

Push notification on apps what was supposed to come out in Sept.

5. w00master macrumors 65816

Here's the additional problem, apps still have to be rewritten or updated to support Push Notifications. So, until it shows up in the SDK, don't expect it anytime soon.

Firmware updates are relatively meaningless in terms of Push notifications until the SDK has it.

w00master

6. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

oh, sorry

7. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

It may come with 2.3, which I predict will be announced at MacWorld 2009.

8. Neebee macrumors 6502a

According to rumours, Flash was suppose to come in September too.

9. w00master macrumors 65816

Umm, no. No reputable rumor or tech site ever claimed this. Not sure where you got this "rumor" from. If flash does come to the iPhone, trust me, you'll know. Every tech site will be talking about it.

w00master

10. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Yeah, but Apple itself never announced anything relating to Flash, unless I'm missing something.

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

No, I believe it's already in 2.2. In fact, I think it was in 2.1.

The phones are ready. It's the servers and the back-end system that's not working right. When will they get it working? I don't think anyone knows.

12. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Actually, there have been a couple threads on here that Adobe is working on Flash for the iPhone/iPod touch.

And don't try to tell me Apple won't approve it, the SDK was mainly made for app developers, Flash is a plugin.
    And, they would probably work together on some sort of an agreement.

13. MacbookAlum1536 macrumors regular

MacbookAlum1536

When we'll get push not

We'll get push................................................................................ when hell freezes over or Microsoft releases a good OS whichever comes first:cool:

14. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Do you know what you're saying?!
    Microsoft release a good OS?
    HA!
    That's a good one.
    Actually made me laugh.

Let's hope Windows 7 is more than just a fixed version of Vista (which it's rumored to be).

15. Neebee macrumors 6502a

A couple sites, one was an idiot...I think his name was Andru from Gear Live back in February:
    http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/q108-flash-on-iphone-is-just-around-the-corner/

The other one was a news item, if I recall correctly where Adobe had the flash all ready for the iPhone but Jobs wouldnt allow it, similar to Opera. I dont have the link for that one though.

I never bought their story that flash was "around the corner".

16. w00master macrumors 65816

Yes, there were articles, interviews, etc. that Adobe is working on Flash for the iPhone, but there was little to no indication that Apple was going to put it in during the September update. There was a baloney rumor on the gearlive site that "claimed that flash was coming," but everyone had already debunked that rumor.

Sure, Adobe could make an app, but considering flash needs to be integrated into the browser unless Apple specifically works on it, this won't happen. Plug-ins are not allowed for Mobile Safari.

Personally, I want flash to be on the iPhone, but I really don't see this happening anytime soon. Here are some of the many reasons why:

1. Flash is seen as a competitor to QuickTime
    2. Flash, in Apple's eyes, is not an open browser standard.
    3. Flash can be a means to circumvent Apple's revenue stream in music, video, games, etc.

Right now, Apple is playing the waiting game. They feel they have no reason to allow it at this moment. Maybe this will change (I hope), but I don't see this happening anytime soon.

17. markgamber macrumors 6502

LOL...oh yeah, Jobs babbled something about the iPhone not having enough power to work with Flash. Too bad he didn't invent the muzzle.