Push Notifications for Calendar in 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SPeditor, Jun 16, 2009.

1. SPeditor macrumors regular

Just had an argument with the wife as she missed a calendar event listed on the iPhone. She wants to go back to the old paper way as she doesn't check calendar every day.

Sooooo, I'm really hoping that 3.0 has push notification with the calendar on iPhone. Then she will see that there is an event for that day when she turns on her phone.

Does anyone know if 3.0 will allow push notifications with the calendar? Need help with the wifey. Please....

Plus it will save some trees. :)

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Not sure, but you can just set alarms for important events.

3. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Yeah, it already exists.
    You can set alerts for any calendar event you create.

4. SPeditor thread starter macrumors regular

She doesn't set alerts. I know, it's like pulling teeth.

However, having a default notification that there are events for that day would hopefully force her to open up the calendar.

Any 3.0 beta testers know if this will happen?

5. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Calendars already push if you use MobileMe or Exchange. Unless you have a reminder set there's nothing else that 3.0 will add to this
    If you use iCal just set it up in preferences to have a reminder for all new entries and you should be good to go!

6. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

No, its not a feature.

She is just going to have to set alerts for her events...
    OR create an event that repeats everyday and ends never with an alert that says "Check your calendar!"

7. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

There is a preference in iCal to set default alarms for all events - would this help?

8. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I actually just wish that there was an option when using the iphone with Exchange to be able to snooze an event for 5 minutes, an hour, a day, etc.

All of my old WinMo smart phones could do this, but alas, no love on the iphone in this department.

9. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if events with alarms created in iCal show up on the phone or the computer...
    events created on the phone with alarms only show sound the alarm/alert on the phone.

10. guitarguy09 macrumors member

I have MobileMe and if I'm on my computer at the time a calendar alarm goes off, I get alerts on my phone AND computer within a few seconds of eachother. So you can definitely are alerted on both.

11. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

jaibreak her phone and install lockcalendar or intelliscreen. I'm exactly like your wife, without my events shoved in my face I'd never check them.

[​IMG]

12. SPeditor thread starter macrumors regular

That's exactly what she needs. However I don't want to jailbreak her phone. Argh! I just spoke to her about alerts. Doesn't sound like something that will stop her from using paper instead. Once she goes to paper, she will not add events to the calendar. Argh!!!

13. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

How about she just opens the app everyday and see what her day is like :)

Also I wish Apple would just do that for there lock screen, so lame.

14. LoganT macrumors 68020

What I want to know is how does she remember to look at her paper calender? Unless you are talking about a calender that hangs on the wall.

15. SPeditor thread starter macrumors regular

Exactly my point from the start! That is how the argument started. :(

She is talking about putting a wall calendar. Problem is, I will not know events when I'm not home.

16. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Instead of looking for a new device or a new program, it seems the simplest solution would be to find a new wife.

17. SPeditor thread starter macrumors regular

LOL... Bingo! ;)

18. TavisB macrumors member

FTW