Push Notifications for Email on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WRIGHTRACING, Dec 12, 2010.

1. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

Had the same problem on my i3G and now the i4 is doing it to. How come when someone sends me an email it doesn't let me know instantly? I have push turned on in settings. I have to open the email app and then it updates me of all my emails.

My BBerry Pearl that I had before the i3G, the email got on the phone as soon as it was sent.

Anything I need to change to make it happen instantly?

2. shandyman Suspended

what type of account is it? have you set it up right?

hotmail and gmail need to be setup as Exchange accounts to work with push.

Gmail setup - http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740

Hotmail/Live setup - http://www.iakmal.com/how-to-setup-hotmail-push-email-on-an-iphone-2707/

3. WRIGHTRACING thread starter macrumors regular

I have a Yahoo account, and it is the same as it has always been since then.

Sometimes the messages get pushed to my phone hours later, or sometimes they come right after they are sent. It's not a signal issue as I can open the app and then it downloads them, and I never have signal issues here. It has been that way since the i3G and does it anywhere I am, even on 3G network.

4. shandyman Suspended

my friend has had that, think it's yahoo as his hotmail and gmail don't have the same problem

5. WRIGHTRACING thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry it took so long to respond....Was reading a thread about APPLE inventing "The Box":apple::apple::D:D

I guess I need to set up a G-mail account and test it out to see how it works. Sucks that that email is what I have for everything.

6. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B118 Safari/6531.22.7)

I can confirm that gmail pushes correctly with the default "gmail" settings.