Push notifications for Facebook

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by silvrbullet, Nov 18, 2010.

1. silvrbullet macrumors regular

I just got an iPhone 3G, and jailbroke and unlocked it for use with T-mobile. After much research I have got everything to work great, except push notifications for Facebook, and the youtube app. I dont really care about youtube, but I would really like to get push notifications for Facebook.

I tried to install Push Doctor, but it wouldnt install after several attemps.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 3G, 3.1.2, no access to a ATT sim
    Unlocked with blackra1n

Thanks!

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

facebook push sucks so i wouldnt be to fast to blame it on you jailbreaking or unlocking

3. silvrbullet thread starter macrumors regular

4. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

5. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

6. silvrbullet thread starter macrumors regular

Apparently Boxcar doesnt work on 3.1.2 ...
    I't says it will work with 3.2 or higher, any other suggestions?

7. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

8. LPPanther macrumors member

I have a similar issue. I jailbroke and unlocked a 3G for my gf to use on T-Mobile. Her Youtube works fine but if Facebook is installed with push notifications on it drains her battery extremely fast. I'm talking 2-3% a minute. Also she was getting pushes from Facebook with a bunch of random text. We uninstalled Facebook and decided to just wait till 4.2 is out and rejailbreak. I believe this issue is because of hacktivation? So would I solve the problem by using my AT&T sim to activate then unlock for her to use on T-Mobile? Seems like the best course of action.

9. Applejuiced, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thats because you guys hactivated your iphones and didnt activate with an official sim.
    You will get tons of push notifications from many random users since you're all sharing the same push token.
    How hard is it to invest on an AT&T simcard or any official sim that the phone is locked to? Prepaid AT&T gophone sims and even old and inactive sims will get the job done and activate so you dont have any push or youtube issues.
    They start at 99 cents http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=AT...&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

10. LPPanther macrumors member

Okay that is what I thought. I will use my official AT&T sim to activate when I upgrade her phone to 4.2.

11. silvrbullet thread starter macrumors regular

I might try that then. I was under the impression the SIM had to be an active AT&T SIM. So now I have to re-Jailbreak?

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, I use a few spare inactive AT&T sims I have laying around to jb peoples iPhones all the time.
    You will have to restore and rejailbreak again and let it activate with an AT&T sim.