Push notifications have stopped working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MoodyM, Feb 28, 2011.

1. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2008
    My iPhone 4's push notifications have stopped coming through. This happened about 2 weeks ago.

I've tried turning Notifications Off then On, and I've tried a soft reset of the device, no luck.

I downloaded an app that purports to test push notifications, and it reported that all was ok.

I have 4.2.1, jailbroken with Greenpois0n, but I don't think this is the issue because they worked fine for weeks after doing the GP jailbreak on 4.2.1. I haven't actually done much at all with my phone in recent weeks, I've mostly being playing with my iPad (which is also jailbroken on 4.2.1, and Notifications work fine).

UPDATE: I just remembered, my iPhone 4 was replaced by Apple 2 weeks ago under warranty (faulty home button). Could the new handset be something to do with it?
  2. aldo82 macrumors regular

Feb 8, 2011
    I think push notifications are linked to the device so it can cause problems when you get a new iphone. The pushmail app has a way of registering the device in the settings and you do this to set up the new phone. I remember when I sold my 3GS to my dad, he also uses Pushmail and he started getting my push alerts even though the phone had been through a complete restore, removing all my data!

I can't really help with how you reset the other apps. I only use pushmail
  3. macingman macrumors 68020

Jan 2, 2011
    Push notifications won't work with jailbroken idevices unles you install a pushfix.