push notifications help: how to activate at&t SIM card to unlock iphone 3g?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by poohbear19, Nov 30, 2010.

1. poohbear19 macrumors regular

poohbear19

hello everyone~ !

i asked several questions about fixing push notifications on an unlocked iphone and people are telling me to activate with an official SIM carrier? i use tmobile and i ordered a used iphone and it arrived with an AT&T SIM card inside the phone. how do i know if it's official? could i still use it to activate?plus how do i know which version to unlock my iphone with???? i know it is ultrasn0w but which version? since my cousin ordered the used iphone for me (first apple device i ever had) i have no idea which iOS it is.

i am really confused and i have no experience with software and downloading or ssh whatsoever. i even still have problems with itunes lol. im only 15. can anyone please help me with words or walkthrough i can understand? please remember i will only use google to find the necessary things to download. that is all i know. thanks soooo much!:D

also my phone is unlocked already with ultrasn0w and jailbroken (my cousin did it for me and now he is far away so no help from him really :p)so that's how i know for sure my push notifications aren't working because of that

2. Nemoz macrumors newbie

If U are in the USA the "Official SIM Carrier" Is AT&T... If you activate it w/ the AT&T SIM card U will have 2 rejailbreak it to use T-Mobile... My suggestion would be to go and download "Push Doctor" Its free.. Google it to see where and how 2 download it... Go0dluck :D

3. Anijake macrumors 6502

Anijake

If your already unlocked and jailbroken then Push Dr. is your best bet. If you want to do it for "real" you will have to start all over again and since you are green at this it may not be worth the trouble.

4. poohbear19 thread starter macrumors regular

poohbear19

thanks and does it matter what version i download. my software right now is 3.1.3. would it brick my phone if i updated to another version before i unlocked it again with tmobile? and i already had no luck with push doctor i think it said something about updating or too big, i dont remember. i tried push fix but it just drains my battery.

5. poohbear19 thread starter macrumors regular

poohbear19

thanks and does it matter what version i download. my software right now is 3.1.3. would it brick my phone if i updated to another version before i unlocked it again with tmobile? and i already had no luck with push doctor i think it said something about updating or too big, i dont remember. i tried push fix but it just drains my battery.

i think i can do it but maybe some help

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd say restore to 3.1.3 again. Activate with an AT&T sim. Then jb with redsnow and install ultrasnow from Cydia to unlock.