Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
We have 2 servers set up as they are now, development and production. Development server works just fine with push notifications, and we think we are ready to upload our application to the App Store. Only problem is, we can't know if our production server will work as expected.

App will use production server while being signed with a distribution profile, but that means it cannot be installed on a device for testing with the production server!

Is there any way we can debug our app using the production server? How can we ensure that the production server will work as expected and that we have installed all certificates correctly?

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
Make an ad-hoc version of the app and install on a couple devices. Ad-Hoc uses production push servers.

I am trying. I have created an ad hoc mobile provisioning profile, but it seems that I can't install it on my device. Running it makes Xcode 4 complain that it can't attach the debugger to the executable, and creating an Entitlements file results in the same thing!

BTW, I can't seem a goo info about how to use the Entitlements file. Following Apple's instructions results in the error described above. Do I need to insert more information in this file than the those described by apple in the developer's portal?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.