Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

groovs

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
Hi Fellows,

i just bought an iPhone 4 factory unlocked from Canada.

Now i do not need to use any specific SIM in my phone as its open to all network by default.
I wanted to ask that whichever SIM i now may use will be push notifications work by default ?? as there is no more activation required because my iPhone came activated out of the box factory unlocked i just pop in a SIM and i can start using it straight away ... its on 4.2.1 BB 03.10.01 ...

Looking forward to your reply ... Thanks in advance

declandio

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
London, UK
Hi Fellows,

i just bought an iPhone 4 factory unlocked from Canada.

Now i do not need to use any specific SIM in my phone as its open to all network by default.
I wanted to ask that whichever SIM i now may use will be push notifications work by default ?? as there is no more activation required because my iPhone came activated out of the box factory unlocked i just pop in a SIM and i can start using it straight away ... its on 4.2.1 BB 03.10.01 ...

Looking forward to your reply ... Thanks in advance

I don't think Push has anything to do with the network. The notifications come from Apple servers somewhere (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong). Even if you have no sim installed and are connected to wifi, you'll get Push notifications. The phone just needs a data connection, that's all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.