Push Notifications not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tnnsxace, Feb 5, 2010.

1. tnnsxace macrumors newbie

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but my whenever I turn my push notifications, a pop up shows telling me to connect to iTunes. I have a jailbroken iPhone and a noob at this so I don't really know what the problem is. Is it because I haven't upgraded to 3.1.3?
    [​IMG]

someone please help me?

2. rmead001 macrumors member

Just to clarify, is this necessary if you are using a JB phone still locked to ATT? I thought I remember reading that push should still worked if it was JB on ATT. I notice my FB is very sparatic but thats really the only push I have to test it with.

3. alent1234 macrumors 603

i've read with JB'd phones there are a lot of problems with push due to SSL certs being screwed up

4. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

FB is really ticking me off. 1 day the push will work fine and then I'll go for days without anything. I can't even upload pictures from my iPhone on the facebook app.
    I also have Words with Friends and the push works sometimes.

5. rmead001 macrumors member

It's just annoying me because I have no idea if its my push notifications or FB that is the problem. Sometimes I get emails and I never get a notification. Sometimes I get a notification and no email. Sometimes I get both.

I'm using an ATT iPhone on ATT 3.1.2 JB but still locked.