Push notifications possible with native iphone email app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tboooe, Jul 7, 2009.

1. tboooe macrumors regular

I know that the native iphone email app does not support push notifications but I wonder if it ever will? If not, what are my other options? I just read about the nuevasync offering but I prefer to use a client app running on my iphone versus having my corporate email go through another mail server.

Any ideas?

----------------

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I thought push was supported if your company had a MS exchange server.

3. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

It offers push... are you using gmail? I'm assuming that is the case since you are talking about the NuevaSync.

Google needs to step it up and get push going for iPhone. I dunno why they haven't. Seems they are getting it ready for all the other phone systems.

4. tboooe thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for not being more clear everyone. I am referring to the push notification like I get for SMS messages. The email notification of the iphone is simply horrendous. I find myself missing so many email notifications. Perhaps if I got push notifications like SMS I can easily glance at the email and know if I need to read it right away.

----------------
    Listening to: 1
    via FoxyTunes

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

nice idea but it would kill your battery life if you get a lot of email. Everytime you get a push notification it turns the screen on.

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I don't get a whole lot more email than I do SMS. I agree that the option would be nice.

Keyword italicized.