push notification's problem i think

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by wilky76, Oct 26, 2013.

1. wilky76 macrumors regular

wilky76

I don't know if this a problem with iOS7 or the apps.

What happen is i never seem to receive any notifications at all from Facebook, apart from when somebody send a private message, so thing like post or replies on my wall i never get nothing until i open the Facebook app, and then the post count shows up on the app.

Same goes with the Apps store i get no notification at all for any updates to app's "I've turned off auto update", until I've opened the app then as with facebook the number shows up on the app if i close it without doing anything.

Anybody else had this problem and is there a fix for it.

2. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

If it's only Facebook I'm thinking it's on their end. Have always had Push Notification problems with Facebook on older ios

3. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I'm having notification issues with the Gmail app. Based on the complaints in the App Store ratings section, I'm not the only one.

4. wilky76 thread starter macrumors regular

wilky76

Well seem to got the push icon number working again on Facebook by uninstalling it & reinstalling it again, still no sound or lock screen info though.

5. Yog macrumors newbie

Yog

I'm having the same problems with Twitter.

Ever since I upgraded to 7.0.3, I don't get any Tweets. I have to go to the Twitter app to see them.

I don't know if a setting was changed with the update, but I can't make it work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yog

6. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

Works fine with Tweetbot.. Don't use twitter app. As for GMail I remember seen more than just push problems with GMail

7. Yog macrumors newbie

Yog

Would you please tell me more about "Tweetbot" thing?
    Is it an app?

Yes, I am using the Twitter app. What should I do?

I'm not an expert, so your help is valued.

Thanks much!

Yog

8. fruu macrumors newbie

fruu

I have the same problem with Facebook. Since I've installed the 0.3 yesterday I get no FB push notifications; it's really frustrating. I'm not sure it's problem on FB end, with previous update everything was working just fine. Does anyone have found some fix for it yet?