Push Notifications...unlock screen??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by litteraround, Mar 18, 2009.

1. litteraround macrumors newbie

with over 1000 API's available to developers, can the third party apps push their notifications to the unlock screen, or is apple still the master of that domain. if it is possible, then we may not need applications like intelliscreen etc!!
    Devs please confirm.

Also, do you have more freedom setting calendar alerts, ie can they be set prior than just 2 days before the event with increased number of alerts (2.1 has only 2 alerts possible- kinda restrictive).

Thanks in advance.

2. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I'm wondering how the phone is going to handle 'push pile-up'.

What's going to happen when I get 3 or 4 different 'pushes' from 3 or 4 different apps before I check my phone? How is it gonna manage these 12 to 16 alerts? Just in a list of some sort?

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Management of some sort will be important, but even more than that I hope there will be some kind of "kill all" button in the corner. Forget the legitimate 'pile ups' you've described here. What about a glitch in some application or server so you get 1,000 notices? That would be even worse. I don't want to sit there and press "close" 1,000 times.

4. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Ya, I agree.

I find even now, getting a couple alerts during a call can be infuriating. I have to 'close/dismiss' this thing before being able to hang up the damn call? Imagine when pushes start pouring in .... :eek:

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What would be nice is a "sweep away" effect.

You see 10 push notices waiting, but you need to do something else right now. You don't want to erase them...you just need to finish this other thing first.

So you use your finger to 'sweep' them to the side and they fly off the screen. In 3, 5, or 15 minutes (set in the settings) they'll come back again.