Push selection on account?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by viggen61, Jul 24, 2008.

1. viggen61 macrumors 6502

Ok, got my new iPhone last night. Synced my e-mail accounts from my MacBook Pro. No problems. or so I thought... :(

I've got a MobileMe account with several e-mail only accounts (this was before the days of .Mac aliases...). On the iPhone, one of the e-mail only accounts shows up at the top of the accounts list, and is the ONLY account that gives me the option for "Push" e-mail. My primary account, listed second, only gives me "fetch" and "Manual"... :confused:

I can't seem to re-order them on the phone. Do I need to re-order them in Mail.app on my MBP? Can I re-order them in iTunes?

I just hope I can do that without blowing anything away...

Ideas? Suggestions?

:apple::apple:

2. viggen61 thread starter macrumors 6502

Got it covered...

It's to do with the MobileMe settings.

In settings:mail,contacts, calendar, pick the account you want to be your MobileMe sync for Calendars & bookmarks. Slide the switches to "on". You'll get a note that it'll be switching to that account, and you may lose data. Wasn't an issue for me.

THen over to Fetch New Data: Advanced, and here's where you can pick and choose. Mail, it seems can be push, fetch or manual, contacts & calendars push or manual only.

:apple::apple: