Push Services Recommendations! Need advice!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hidea, Jul 26, 2008.

1. hidea macrumors regular

Hey people,

I'm looking for a way to get my email accounts (all are hosted by Gmail, some are plain Gmail accounts, some are Google Apps accounts) to be pushed/pulled between my iPhone and Macs.

I used to have a Blackberry (with BIS), and I like the fact that all of my Gmail hosted emails are pushed to my Blackberry. Not only that, I had Google Sync installed on my BB, and all of my calendars are pushed between my BB and my Macs.

I don't want MobileMe because I already have Flickr Pro account (and it'd still be valid until the end of 2009). And with the recent problems I've been reading about MobileMe, I think I'd stay away from it.

Plus, it's too much work to transport from my @gmail.com to @me.com. Oh, and I have a few email addresses that are registered under my personal domain, and hosted by Google (through Google Apps).

So, after asking around, I guess Exchange is what's best suitable for my needs. Correct me if I am wrong, though.

My questions are:

1) If you have experience with Exchange technology, how well does it work with the iPhone? How problematic? Have you had any issue with pushing/pulling data between your iPhone/computers?

2) Do you know any good, affordable Exchange Hosted Service?

Thanks

2. hidea thread starter macrumors regular

One of the solutions I found:

NueavaSync
    www.nuevaysnc.com

Pretty fantastic! Does OTA (over the air) syncing to Google Calendar and Contacts. No email support (yet!) though. That's fine. Cost: Free (for now? It's in Beta)

Another service that sounds promising, coming in August. Notify Link.
    http://www.notifycorp.com/