Push Settings from Profile Manager?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by oilslickshoes, Aug 13, 2011.

1. oilslickshoes macrumors newbie

I've tried just about everything I can think of to get Profile Manager to push out settings to my devices. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get this to work.

Working with a Macbook as client device. Device update info works fine. Pushing settings fails instantly. We are behind a Sonicwall. I've tried to open up port 5223 and 2195 and even opened up everything up for a moment to rule out the firewall. No dice.

The way I understand it is that push gets initiated by the local server and contacts Apple's push gateway. Apple sends a notification down to the client that has a persistent connection open. Then when alerted, the client contacts the local server for the settings update. Is that the way it works? Any specific ports that need to be opened up?

Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated.

2. Kurite, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011

Kurite macrumors newbie

I too have never been able to get anything to be pushed despite enabling Apple Push certificates and port forwarding my server into oblivion. This and webdav (403s) are the only services on Lion Server that I can't figure out.

Bump.

* Edit: I also tried setting up an SRV record in my DNS for SIP but that does not seem to help.

3. oilslickshoes thread starter macrumors newbie