Push to iPhone Problem

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by wolfpackfan, Jul 28, 2008.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Even though I've had .Me since July 11, I finally decided to switch over to use it's email function instead of Gmail. I'm finding though Push doesn't work from .Me to my iPhone. The message is there but I don't get notification until I actually going into Mail. I am wondering though if this is because my iPhone has no AT&T service? I'm basically using it as a Touch right now (plan to give to my daughter in Sept. and she is going to activate it then and I'm getting a 3G then). Is anyone else (especially Touch users), having problems getting Push email via WiFi?

2. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

im pretty sure push only works over cell networks and not over wi-fi.

3. wolfpackfan thread starter macrumors 68000

That would explain it. Well I'll just do manual syncs until I get my 3G iPhone. Thanks.

4. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Same for me. I get no ATT service at work, but do get wifi, but no push from mobileme. kinda sux, but I do have my device set to fetch every 15 min, I still don't get my emails on my iphone. I have to open my email then wait for it to go and get the email. I don't like this. The mobileme said it was suppose to push to your Mac over wifi, so why not the iphone over wifi?

5. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I decided to test this and it appears that Push Mail does work on WiFi.

Since I have ATT signal strength I decided to put my iPhone in "Airplane Mode" and then restart WiFi. I assume this puts me on WiFi Only, Right?

I then sent an email to my phone and I received it within seconds (same as before). I did this test twice.

Can anyone else confirm?

6. dquattlebum macrumors member

IT works over wifi with mine, albeit I'm on t-mobile but I turned it on airplane mode and just connected to my wifi and got instant email..