"Pushing/Fetching" Contacts and Bookmarks .. working?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WillJS, Jul 12, 2008.

1. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

In iTunes beside contacts and bookmarks it says this:

(See 1st two screenshots)

I set the MobileMe preferences to sync my contacts and bookmarks.. (3rd screenshot).

On the iPhone I have "Push" turned on, and "Fetch" turned to every 15 minutes. Yet, I still have no Contacts or Bookmarks on my iPhone. (screenshot #4)

I have set the things to manual.. but see no "Sync now" button. I log into Me.com and my contacts are on the server there, but still no on my iPhone.. can anyone tell me how I can either get these to sync "over the air" or just in iTunes?

Thanks. :)

Attached Files:

2. michaelsaxon macrumors 6502

The only thing that is "push"ing for me right now is mail. All the other "push" functions don't seem to be working.

3. WillJS thread starter macrumors 65816

WillJS

Darn. Is there any way to get my contacts and bookmarks synced to my iPhone.. FWIW I would rather use iTunes to sync it all if I could.. much less hassle and confusion.

4. Martinjeff macrumors newbie

activesync on and still no dice

I am having the same problem with my 3g iphone when using exchange with intermedia. I can not receive or view my email or see my calendar. We have a few other company iPhones working and one (mine) that does not want to work.

Works:
    My Contacts
    Sending Emails
    Viewing my email file structure
    Viewing emails in my trash

Does not work:
    Seeing emails in my email folders
    Calendar is not showing meetings

Jeff Martin
    Collective Genius
    http://www.collective-genius.com

5. michaelsaxon macrumors 6502

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that iTunes also wasn't working. That seems to be working fine for me through iTunes.

6. WillJS thread starter macrumors 65816

WillJS

Syncing the contacts and bookmarks?

Edit: Apparently it is now working for me, thanks for the advice. :)