Pushing hard on my MBP keyboard.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MariniPacioso, Mar 11, 2008.

1. MariniPacioso macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm writing with my new (and first!) MBP. The keyboard seems to be very soft, and I have to write slowly and to push hard on the keys not to miss any keys. Is it normal? I usually type very fast, but with this MBP it's quite impossible. :confused:

2. BowZinger macrumors member

doesn't sound right...shold be able to type fairly softly on your keys, if you can't get used to it and think it might be a problem contact :apple:

3. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

Definitely not normal. Even the last iBook rev with the spongy keyboard would allow me to type at quite a clip (I usually type 90-100 wpm). If you can't move at a normal speed, there's something wrong with your machine.

4. MariniPacioso thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks...I'm going to try somebody else's MBP before calling :apple: ... I don't know what to hope about it! :eek:

5. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Yeah try somebody else's first then call. If that doesn't work maybe you have to break it in and try it for a bit longer.

6. thadoggfather macrumors 603

thadoggfather

some MBP keyboards are spongy and more difficult to type quickly on (the one that came with my MBP SR that I got back in October). But I got the keyboard replaced recently (and top case for a firm mouse click -- some of them are loose, soft clicks too), and it's clicky and I type a lot faster on it. I think there are different types of MBP keyboards. It's just a luck of the draw and personal preference.