Pushing the screen of Air by finger

Luigi3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
The title says all. Is there some bad effects of this? Kid was pushing air's screen pointing out something, with a 'distorion' effect, when you push screen with some force. I don't see anything bad, but I want to know if this bad for screen.

tiwizard

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
The title says all. Is there some bad effects of this? Kid was pushing air's screen pointing out something, with a 'distorion' effect, when you push screen with some force. I don't see anything bad, but I want to know if this bad for screen.
Yes, it is bad for the screen if you do this a lot, but once (as long as it didn't cause any noticeable permanent damage) is fine. Just don't do it a lot.

Luigi3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
Yes, it is bad for the screen if you do this a lot, but once (as long as it didn't cause any noticeable permanent damage) is fine. Just don't do it a lot.
Okay sir, thank you very much.

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
I'm sorry but lol

I love how in non-mac notebook forums they're discussing multitudes of real problems and here is kind of issue we have, "pushing the screen of Air by finger" :D

Luigi3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
I'm sorry but lol

I love how in non-mac notebook forums they're discussing multitudes of real problems and here is kind of issue we have, "pushing the screen of Air by finger" :D
Lol you're right, sounds hilarious, but these screens are so thin that Im afraid of anything that can corrupt LCD :p

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
For kids, an iPad is idea because they want to point at everything. iPad screen made for poking.

xxcysxx

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
just get a screen protector for the screen. in my schools, when i show some work or illustration to my classmates or instructors, they have a habit of pointing their pencils and pens and even finger nails to my screen. its very disturbing but i don't want say anything to distract them from the discussion. i have many occasions where various classmate and instructors point their sharp tipped pencils at my screen. so i just put on a screen protector for piece of mind sake. :D

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
just get a screen protector for the screen. in my schools, when i show some work or illustration to my classmates or instructors, they have a habit of pointing their pencils and pens and even finger nails to my screen. its very disturbing but i don't want say anything to distract them from the discussion. i have many occasions where various classmate and instructors point their sharp tipped pencils at my screen. so i just put on a screen protector for piece of mind sake. :D
I think the OP's kid was pressing the screen, hard enough to make that distortion effect - A screen protector wouldn't do anything for that, only for scratches :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.