Pushing the screen of Air by finger

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Luigi3, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Luigi3 macrumors member

The title says all. Is there some bad effects of this? Kid was pushing air's screen pointing out something, with a 'distorion' effect, when you push screen with some force. I don't see anything bad, but I want to know if this bad for screen.

2. tiwizard macrumors regular

Yes, it is bad for the screen if you do this a lot, but once (as long as it didn't cause any noticeable permanent damage) is fine. Just don't do it a lot.

3. Luigi3 thread starter macrumors member

Okay sir, thank you very much.

4. Jobsian macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

I'm sorry but lol

I love how in non-mac notebook forums they're discussing multitudes of real problems and here is kind of issue we have, "pushing the screen of Air by finger" :D

5. Luigi3 thread starter macrumors member

Lol you're right, sounds hilarious, but these screens are so thin that Im afraid of anything that can corrupt LCD :p

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

For kids, an iPad is idea because they want to point at everything. iPad screen made for poking.

7. xxcysxx macrumors 6502

just get a screen protector for the screen. in my schools, when i show some work or illustration to my classmates or instructors, they have a habit of pointing their pencils and pens and even finger nails to my screen. its very disturbing but i don't want say anything to distract them from the discussion. i have many occasions where various classmate and instructors point their sharp tipped pencils at my screen. so i just put on a screen protector for piece of mind sake. :D

8. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I think the OP's kid was pressing the screen, hard enough to make that distortion effect - A screen protector wouldn't do anything for that, only for scratches :)