Pushmod mail app

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bmms8, Apr 20, 2009.

1. bmms8 macrumors 68020

I was wondering if anyone has used this from Cydia? It allows you to fetch your mail every minute. I used it for a couple days but noticed it drained my battery very fast, has anyone had better luck? Thanks.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

(Every minute) Of course it's gonna drain your battery ! :eek:

You can't wait for 15 minutes to have your email downloaded ?

If it's that urgent, have people text you !

3. mymacrumorse macrumors member

It drains ur battery man....

If you want instant email try the yahoo mail it gives me a push mode...

Its a definitely a battery drainer ... its totally not worth it ...

4. bmms8 thread starter macrumors 68020

are you okay? having some pms issues?

5. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

ROFL

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Look, anyone can figure out if you are gonna have that dinky little battery push mail every minute, 60 times an hour, your gonna kill the battery.

What did you expect ?

Everyone has told you virtually the same thing.

What reaction did you expect ???

You are having an issue, my iPhone is doing just what I expect it to do.

7. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Ummm... He's having an issue, that's why he posted. You apparently have nothing to say on this topic.

I commented on the developers Youtube video and got no response back. They said this would use less battery than setting your update to the lowest setting, but I think it's all BS. There is no way. All this app is doing is forcing check and draining your battery.

Ymail is so unpredictable, but I deal with it, regretfully. Sometimes I get my emails "pushed" to me a day late. Rarely, but sometimes.

As for urgent... I didn't get an SMS plan. Ymail is as urgent as it gets for me.

8. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

If I remember correctly, you have to pay for this package?

I used to know a way how to do it yourself by adding one or two lines of code to a file in the iphone. Don't remember it right now and don't have time to find it, but if you're interested I'll have a look tonight after work?

Fabian

9. bmms8 thread starter macrumors 68020

Hey thanks for your help, but as far as i know it is a free application. I already deleted the app but in the future if they have an update where it doesnt drain as much battery i might take a look into it as it did work well. Thanks once again though.

10. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I didn't see that you unlocked your phone, so perhaps you are still using AT&T.

They have a 200 text message (per month, counts incoming and outgoing) for $5. I use that as I generally don't have but 2 or 3 texts a day. Maybe an option for you ?

As far as my 1st post, the OP asked why his battery was running down so quickly. Fetching mail once a minute, that's why (as you seem to agree the app you are using is doing that also). That's it.

11. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Thanks, but I checked how many I generally send with Ymail and it's more than 200/month. I'd just go over. Also, $5 * 12mo is $60 per year. I can do with Ymail for now. Do you know if AT&T has unlimited in network texting with that? So like AT&T to AT&T doesn't count to the 200?

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yea, they count AT&T to AT&T in that 200. No breaks !

If you are on a single plan (not a family plan), I believe unlimited is $20 month.

Pretty steep for texting, but then, as stated, I'm a light user.

13. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Normalley im at 98 by end of day now im around 90 when I use my phone I cant tell a difference! I wish there was 5min!