Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
I got a call from a fellow student at my school who wanted to make a video for the student council elections. Her platform is "put a check in my box" and she wanted to make a video spinoff of the "dick in a box" video.
They wrote the song, and we filmed it in 2 and a half hours. I spend 2 hours editing it and am pretty happy with how it turned out.

This is the first music video I've filmed and edited.

One thing to note is that I charged her for it, and because of her limited budget (each person is only allowed to spend a certain amount) it is not as polished as it could be (read: them not knowing the song well enough yet).

Anyway, what do you think?

Any pointers?

YouTube Link

Quicktime Link

Also, just so you know I am a third year history major with no formal video training (yet).

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
For not polishing I thought it was not to bad, especially if you have not ever done any sort of video before.

I do think however that it could have been better positioned to reflect people actually voting for her instead of hallway scenes where they sing.

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
For not polishing I thought it was not to bad, especially if you have not ever done any sort of video before.

I do think however that it could have been better positioned to reflect people actually voting for her instead of hallway scenes where they sing.

Sorry, I have done plenty of video work, just not a music video.
You do make a good point on the better positioning.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.