"Put Back" only works on certain files/locations?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Eminemdrdre00, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

I've noticed that when I delete a file from my Downloads Stack there isn't a "Put back" option when I go to the trash. If I delete that same file from the Downloads Folder in the Finder...the "Put back" option is there. Is this a known bug? Same goes for my podcasts I delete from iTunes, no "Put back" option is listed.

2. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

The only files in the Trash that have the "Put Back" option associated with them are those I use the "Move to Trash" command from within the Finder.

Is this a bug? Or is the Finder only able to keep track of items in the Trash it has moved there itself? I suspect that as time goes on, this will become more universal. It's a start...

S-

3. Eminemdrdre00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

If you drag from the Finder to the Trash you dont have the "Put Back" option? I can only drag from the Finder to get it...if I drag from Stacks it doesnt work.

4. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Oops. I am using "DeskTrash" and dragging a file to "DeskTrash" does not allow one to use "Put Back". If I drag to the Trash in the Dock, I do get that. Time to submit a bug report to the "DeskTrash" folks.

S-

5. Eminemdrdre00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

I think its an Apple issue. If I deleted a Podcast from iTunes and go to the trash...it doesnt have the "Put Back" option either!

6. devburke Guest

Oh man, it doesn’t work for files moved to the Trash in Quicksilver! This is how I do most of my trashing!

7. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Understood. I will submit the bug report so the programmer can check to see if there is a new API that allows them to put files in the Trash and have the Finder be able to use "Put Back" feature. Bug reports aren't always bugs.....they can be enhancement requests too.

S-