Put Contacts on the HomeScreen/Springboard!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by spike132000, Feb 27, 2010.

1. spike132000 macrumors newbie

Hey Guys! Release from JustLikeEd hosted by Spike_132000!

Put Contacts on your springboard!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All you have to do is:

1) goto Click Here - http://dial.foa.me/ - No information is stored on any servers, just so you know!
    2) enter a name and phone number
    3) press Create Contact Page
    4) Click '+' and click Add to Home Screen
    5) Click Add
    6) then just press the new shortcut on your homescreen!
    7) when prompted press Call

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

3. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

4. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

I just tried this. Why not just add them to your phonebook favorite instead. The whole process is easier and quicker, and also quicker once done too.

5. outphase macrumors 65816

I guess you missed the part that this is a website. Just because the poster's phone is jailbroken doesn't mean that the site requires it.

6. jk000 macrumors regular

jk000

Exactly, why not just enable double-click, just double click the home button and you're done!

7. spike132000 thread starter macrumors newbie

This was made only for ease of use, not to replace what is already there, some people may use iPod for double click or in my jailbroken case I also use Kirikae (Backgrounding App). Also a jailbreak may not come out for version 4.0 and some people may not wish to update when it is released. So this basically brings contacts to homescreen on versions prior to 4.0. Why flame when it's coming in 4.0 anyway? And yes, it works on both Jaibroken and Stock handsets.

8. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

No one was flaming. We were just commenting that it is easier and more convenient to use the stock app. And if they have iPod on the double-click, they can just hit the phone app, hit favorites, then select the person. It's still quicker than waiting for this to open, load, and ask to call., especially since most people have the phone app on their dock, they don't have to flip through home screens to find it. And if it's not in the dock, it's most likely on their first page, so they can hit the home button to get there quickly.