Put ipod Touch in water - Suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheVampireBoots, Feb 17, 2009.

1. TheVampireBoots macrumors newbie

I put my Touch in a cupholder that had water in it (not too terribly much) and it wasn't in long. I took off my case and let the Touch sit on the seat and the case and headphones on the dashboard in the sun. I have succesfully forced my Touch to restore then synced it. It turns on and the battery bar is where it should be. However, it seems my Touch won't "read" my fingers when I go to unlock it. But it turns on, and all parts of the screen are there. Help or suggestions?

Also, the headphone jack was facing up in the cupholder and my headphones were in it. The little water indicator thingy is white. I just got my Touch and am still wondering about the whole white/black/red. Is white good?

Thanks much for any post that is helpful! :D

--Boots

2. tankredsox macrumors newbie

im pretty sure if the indicator is white u can bring it back cuz i no red/pink is bad. same thing happened 2 me only indicator went off when ipod fell in snow. the touch part of the ipod didnt work. but after 3 days under the heater, in the sun, and shaking it gets the water out, i finally got it almost perfect

3. WickedFall macrumors newbie

Has it been at least 72 hours of it being off? I'd try that. I've even heard of putting it in rice to absorb the moisture :eek: