Put it on iphone4. Holding off on iphone5/ipad.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by St8kout, Sep 18, 2013.

1. St8kout macrumors regular

Menus and apps are sluggish on my iphone4. Garage Band kept sticking on the loading screen. Finally got it after multiple attempts. Google and Safari apps says, 'Safari cannot open... too many redirects' whatever that means. I thought maybe because it was the first time opening them with the new OS, but going back and retrying, everything is still slower to startup than with IOS6.

Going to hold off for improvements before putting it on my iphone5 and ipad. Don't really see anything yet that makes me want to rush and get it.

To each his own.

2. Mtmspa macrumors 6502a

3. Jab00 macrumors regular

I have been running iOS 7 GM on my i5, iPad 3, and iPad mini since it was released last week and can honestly say it runs beautifully on the i5... for some unknown reason it seems to run a bit better on my iPad mini than the iPad 3 but I also don't use the iPad mini very often. You shouldn't have any problem with your i5 but my advice to people is to definitely hold back on the iPads unless you can deal with a few bugs/glitches here and there...

4. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

Agreed. It works great on my iPhone 5. It's ok only my iPad 3. Definitely has some bugs, but it's still totally useable for me. It's actually smoother in some situations.

5. Jab00 macrumors regular

Yeah thats exactly how I feel. I use my iPad 3 for taking notes in my college courses so I put iOS 7 on it last week so I could be prepared to downgrade today if it just messed up all functionality... To my surprise it has been working perfectly with a few bobbles here and there but nothing unusable. Somehow the iPad mini has been running even better which is mind boggling to me haha. I have just been making sure to recommend people hold off on their iPads purely because too many people can't seem to handle the few bobbles it has.

6. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

It's worse off on the iPad 3 because if the Retina Display. It has to drive more pixels and I've heard it be kind if a pain to code for. The iPad mini has less pixels to push around.

7. Jab00 macrumors regular

Ah okay I never thought about it that way always just focused on the improved chip in the 3... But that does make a lot of sense... Either way both work beautifully for me!

8. oplix Suspended

oplix

works great on iphone 5 when you disable most of the extra features such as all eye candy and automatic downloads.

9. bandrews macrumors 6502a

Just setting up my parents' iPhone 5s (plural, not 5S!). They are running super smooth with iOS7. Mum's iPad 4 however is really quite sluggish. Waiting for iPad mini to finish installing.....

10. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

I recommend updating the iPhone 5, you will see a huge difference, it runs great on my iPhone 5, ...and you'll get AirDrop.

But, from what I've read, wait on the iPad.