Put it to sleep... keeps on waking up!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by wallstreetcrash, Nov 14, 2008.

1. wallstreetcrash macrumors regular

Yesterday night, I put my new Alu MB to sleep, and it goes to sleep it straight away switches on!

I tried many times and the same thing happened, even if I left the laptop open and put it to sleep through the menu.

I wanted to leave it on as I had tabs open on Safari, but I ended up shutting it down after many attempts!

Any idea why this happened? I tried with my external monitor out, with and without power, no USB etc

Also, when it does go to sleep (usually), sometimes it doesn't wake up! Any idea? Should I get it replaced? I don't want to be without it really as I need it for work.

2. foodle macrumors 6502

My Al Macbook will occasionally do this also. I believe the cause is me disconnecting a USB device (mouse) right as it is going to sleep. When I stopped doing that (I disconnet the USB device first, then close the lid), everything is fine.

Also, in Safari, you can do History->Reopen all windows from last session to get back to the previous state. So no need to keep the machine on, just for safari windows/tabs.

3. wallstreetcrash thread starter macrumors regular

4. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

I also have this problem on occasion when I have a usb mouse plugged in and I close the lid..

I find it's just best to disconnect any USB devices first then close the lid to sleep the macbook and it won't randomly keep waking up and sleeping afterwards.

Jay

5. wallstreetcrash thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, so it happened yesterday night, no USB/bluetooth/Wi-Fi/Display Port connected. It is getting annoying! I got it on video.

Sometimes when it switches back on, the screen doesn't come up.

I would call Apple and get it looked at, but I need it for work, so I don't know what to do. It is a BTO 2.0 MB with 4GB RAM.

If I take it to a genius what would they do?

Thanks.

6. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=6651217#post6651217

Try this thread. I posted a couple of things that might be the fix for your problem. Give it a shot!

7. wallstreetcrash thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I used the first one.

I don't really want to use the second as I use my keyboard to wake the Mac sometimes when connecting to a monitor, and I switch my Bluetooth of when I put the Mac to sleep overnight.

I hope it works, this problem is completely random, happened 3 times now over 16 days.

8. timestoby macrumors 6502

sometime to get it to sleep you have to rock it,after awhile it will fall asleep.thats wot me mum used to do.

9. wallstreetcrash thread starter macrumors regular