Put my mind at rest, please!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Moriarty, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Moriarty macrumors 6502

OK, I'm very new to Mac, and a long-time lurker on this forum, but relatively computer literate. I finally bit the bullet of temptation (I've been eyeing a Macbook for a long time) and bought a Macbook, and I love it! But after the initial setup, I realised that my home folder was named "myname". Well, it was my actual name in there, but no capitals or spaces! And it had my first and surname. I figured that I wouldn't be able to put up with this throughout my Macbooks life, so I set about fixing that.

I created a new user, with the home folder called "My Name". Much better. I then migrated the few files I had already accumulated from the old user to the new, and deleted the old user.

Now, what I'm worried about - would this "stuff up" anything in the future? Would my personal details I had entered during setup still be registered to this machine? I had already activated my iWork license before I created the new user, but it still starts up fine, and I assume it's tied to the user, not the machine. Other than that, I set my user preferences and everything to what they were before, but I had made very few changes, it'd only been alive for a few hours.

Sorry for the long thread, I just don't want anything to happen! Put my mind at rest please :eek:

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Nope - you did it exactly the right way. You shouldn't have any problems

4. Moriarty thread starter macrumors 6502