Put your MacBook Pro on eBay NOW

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adamjackson, Jun 11, 2009.

1. adamjackson macrumors 6502a

As many of you know, I purchased a top of the line MacBook Pro just over a month ago and added everything I could (2.93ghz, 256GB SSD, 4gbs of ram, applecare) and I did feel pretty bad when the MBPs were updated this week but I put it on eBay the same day.

It's already over 2K with 7 days left so i can tell you that there is a high demand for these last gen machines so if you feel a little burnt and want to make enough money to buy a new lower priced MBP and iPhone 3Gs, put your MBP up now and walk into the Apple Store on the 19th and pickup a MBP AND an iPhone 3Gs with cash to spare.

Just sayin....

2. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Sounds like it might be worth setting up a business to sell Apple's refurb store items on eBay...!

3. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

4. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

How much did you spend total when you bought it?

EDIT: Nevermind, found that in the auction. You're going to lose quite a bit of money.

5. adamjackson thread starter macrumors 6502a

reserve is $2,600 (price of a new MBP with the specs I want). Hell at this rate being at this price with 7 days left, I'll probably pass 3K

$4,200 w/ applecare. (retail)

but I bought it new from a guy via eBay for only $3,100. Needless to say, I got a good deal on a sealed box. The guy supposedly gets them for cheap.

I was hoping to get $3,500-$3,700 for this one given it's age.

6. JBazz macrumors 6502

Yeah but paypal has too many loop holes for me to ever sell a computer on ebay again. I put my used ibook on and a lady bought it for 600. I specificly said what it was and all sales were final. She got it, called apple to see about waranty and when she found out how old it was, she wanted her money back. Paypal found in her favor and zapped my bank account. I was stuck for the ebay add payment and all shipping.

I now sell on craigslist and have excellent luck.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Funny b/c I've got an Oct. Unibody 15" 2.4Ghz and no way would I want to trade it for one of the new ones. I don't feel burnt at all b/c it all works out in the end.

For example I recently sold my 1.83 Ghz CD MBP for $925. It cost me $2000 back when, but I don't look at it as a $1075 loss since I can take that money, add a $500 to it and get a brand new C2D 15". So I see it as a $500 upgrade, and a pretty cheap one at that given the CDs are going to be nearly irrelevant once SL ships.

8. UrFatMom macrumors regular

He's selling a 4200$ laptop for 2125$... I don't see how you could make a business out of that :rolleyes:

(maybe that's why GM failed so badly)

9. chstr macrumors 6502a

chstr

they tend to get bid up high at first but bidding drops off dramatically when the price gets high. I highly doubt it will reach 3k but who knows with ebayers?

10. hummer28 macrumors member

Good luck on your auction. I was able to sell my 17" 2.93 GHz 500GB (upgraded) for exactly what I paid for it. I wanted the processor update as it helps with resell later (for Nehalem update). I've found that if you include the original receipt it can typically boost your auction for items such as this by 3-5%.

11. adamjackson thread starter macrumors 6502a

It'll go pretty high though. High enough to make it worth my time.

I have a good feeling you could put last week's 2.8ghz and make enough to buy the new one with the 7 hour battery life.

good point. I may just add that photo of my receipt. that's all I hope for but if not, I'll still have enough to buy one with the new price drop.

12. ecstasy macrumors 6502

ecstasy

Don't worry.

In 7 days, the reserve will be met and (most likely) passed.