Putting a bigger HD in?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stealthsniper96, Feb 5, 2008.

1. stealthsniper96 macrumors regular

If I bought the 8gb version, is it possible that I could get a hard drive elsewhere and put it in?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

It uses flash, not a hard drive. The chips are soldered onto the mainboard, so you can't change them.

3. Resist macrumors 68030

By Apple not using a memory slots in the Touch and iPhone they ensure loyal customers will keep buying new models every 6 months or so just so they have more memory. Sucks for us but makes Apple tons of money. In my opinion it is insulting to the loyal fan base. But this seems to be how Apple does business now. I have an 8GB Touch and don't plan to buy the 32GB version because I know a 64GB will happen this year. Yes I want more memory but no I am not going to pay full price all over again for a new Touch.

4. thesdx macrumors 6502a

Well, it's better than having stale products that haven't been updated in three years. Apple keeps the market fresh and aggressive.

5. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

DNFTT, please.

6. bloodycape macrumors 65816

But, this is not true at all. Every product that I have seen come with a memory card slot has ben upgrade at least once a year. Their products are still fresh, and people still want to buy them, because the new product has either more built in memory, is nicer looking, thinner, has a larger screen or some other feature that is desired.

huh?

7. aft macrumors regular

DNFTT - stands for Do not feed the troll (at least that is what a Google search tells me). Don't know what he's getting at though.

8. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

:rolleyes:

You again? Apple's introduction of a 32GB Touch didn't decrease the value of yours. It is $200 more expensive than the Touch you bought. You bought the 8GB Touch. You decided you wanted that much memory. Don't crab.