Putting a iPhone 5 on a Verizon Iphone 4 Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bobbyroller, Sep 26, 2012.

1. bobbyroller macrumors member

I need your guys help on if this is a good idea/possible.

My Verizon contract is not up until June, but I want the iPhone 5 badly. Could I buy a Verizon iPhone 5 at full retail and put it on a existing contract (iPhone 4) and not have any raises in my monthly cost, use LTE, and have the unlimited data?

I was planning on selling my iPhone 4 to recoup some of the money it cost me to buy the iPhone 5. Then, when my contract is up buy another iPhone 5 and sell it to get/make even more money.

I need your guy's help to see if this is possibly and worth it.

2. Booch21 macrumors regular

Booch21

I traded my 16GB 4 in to get the 64GB 5 at full price. I asked them, can I keep my fully unlimited plan intact? Yes. Can I trade my 4 in on the outright purchase of the 5? Yes. My contract is up next spring. No issues at all with doing what you propose. The only difference is that I traded mine in. Got $140 for it on a gift card, which she was able to apply to my purchase. She didn't think she could, but it went just fine. I still have my plan in place and I'm a happy camper!

3. bobbyroller thread starter macrumors member

Yes that is exactly what I want to do. But instead of trading my old phone in, I was going to sell it on Amazon or eBay because you can get more $$.