Putting a new backcover on my iPhone 3G 8GB

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by basketball762, Jun 10, 2009.

1. basketball762 macrumors regular

Okay so I have a black iPhone 3G 8GB. I don't know why but I am beginning to not enjoy the black cover. It get all these finger prints of the back of my phone and I know you are going to have always finger prints on your phone but they show up with the black. So my question is it possible to take a back cover of lets say an iPhone 3G 16 GB white back cover and put it on the 8GB one? I was looking online and prices range from $60-100 which I am willing to spend. So just kind of a weird question that I was just thinking. Thanks :D

2. basketball762 thread starter macrumors regular

3. iGaryMonnecka macrumors member

what do you mean shock? it should be fine. worse comes to worse you put your old one back on. You could buy 3 of those for what you were gunna pay. and those come with a bunch of parts

4. basketball762 thread starter macrumors regular

One more question, actually two lol. Have you ever done business with them or did you just do a google search quickly for them? Also, have you ever tried to take off the back cover of the iPhone before, is it hard? Thanks again :)

5. iGaryMonnecka macrumors member

ifixit.com has a teardown picture thingy.

This company came up as they stocked the new black bezels for the supposed 09 iphone. However, I have to reason to believe they are not legit. google the site with the word reviews after it and see what people have to say.