Putting a rogers sim card in an iPhone,

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JR7361, Oct 7, 2008.

1. JR7361 macrumors newbie

i have a Motorola Razr v31 and i have 2 years on my contract. my phone is broken and i am getting an iphone used. i believe it is unlocked. i would like to know if i can put the SIM card (rogers) into the iphone, and if not unlocked how can i do so? anyone help please?

2. Oskee2001 macrumors regular

3. d7sdavid macrumors newbie

d7sdavid

Putting A sim card in a Rogers phone

You can easily put the card in but make sure you have a data plan or your bill will go through the roof. When I bought my iPhone , The sim out of my old phone slipped right in. Once again just confirm you have a data plan as the charges through Rogers will be very expensive.

4. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

it will work as long as it is unlocked, just make sure you do not restore or update, otherwise you will have to unlock it again.

5. ipodcreations macrumors newbie

iphone 3G

but if you get your iphone and its not unlocked how do you unlock it ? help please

6. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Read the stickies and the guides on these forums for all the info and software you need.

Just to shorten your research:
    1. If your phone is on firmware 2.2.1 your only option is to buy a piggy-back SIM, or wait a few months
    2. If it's on 2.2.0 or earlier then follow the guides to unlock it with YellowSn0w