Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pschutz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
I was fortunate enough to download handy light to my mac before it was pulled. However, i don't sync my iphone with the computer i bought it on. Is there any way for me to put in on my iphone without erasing all my content?

PorterRocks

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
Idaho
Why didn't you just buy the app on your phone? I'm not sure how you would go about getting it on the other computer since the app is no longer available.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Just send the file for the app to yourself on the other computer.

kelpi

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2008
I was fortunate enough to download handy light to my mac before it was pulled. However, i don't sync my iphone with the computer i bought it on. Is there any way for me to put in on my iphone without erasing all my content?

Save the file to the computer you normally sync with and in iTunes "File > Add to Library" assuming the computer is authorized.

Minimoose 360

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
NY
posting via Handy Light...

No idea LOL I bought it on my computer and then when I went to sync I had forgotten that I hadn't upgraded to 4.0.1 and I was scared that by the time I finished the download it wouldn't work.

But it did, so screw AT&T and Apple :cool:

justinsangster

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2010
Hey i know this is a little old, but i was hoping you would be able to send me a copy of the handy light app if it still works, i just got the new iphone and want to tether it

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Just sending the file won't work unless your computer is authorized for that person's iTunes account.

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
Just sending the file won't work unless your computer is authorized for that person's iTunes account.

from the way it was described it was bought on the same itunes account, so this won't be a problem

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Houston, TX
from the way it was described it was bought on the same itunes account, so this won't be a problem

he's refering to emailing it to other non authorized users...OP just get it over with and sync with the computer it's saved on then "transfer purchases" from your iPhone to the computer you want to sync on...yes it's a pain in the arse to have to delete everything on your phone to get one app but I know of no other way

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
yes there is, copy the .ipa to the computer it normally syncs with, drag it into itunes, and then sync it.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Hey i know this is a little old, but i was hoping you would be able to send me a copy of the handy light app if it still works, i just got the new iphone and want to tether it

LOL, I find posts like these so, well, pathetic, just figure out how to tether, dont beg for something else someone paid for!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.