Putting images back on iP5 from W7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BarkingGhost, Jan 19, 2015.

1. BarkingGhost macrumors regular

I am using a Windows 7 Professional workstation. Getting images off the iPhone 5 running iOS6/8 can be done using the various Import wizards (Windows, Adobe, etc.), but if I need to put some images back onto the iPhone 5 I cannot.

Is Apple a one-way street, or am I penalized by more than ignorance on the ways of the Apple? Same thing needs to be understood for the recently purchased Air 2 iPad.

BTW, this is a bit of a PITA. Wife's iPhone 5 (on iOS 6) has 575 images on it. I know I can get them off easily enough, but she wants to keep about 50 of them on her phone. This is a bear of an activity as this means because I do not know how to put images back onto the phone she will need to go into Photos and manually select +500 images to remove if my import process does not use the post-transfer erase.

Now I am far from an Android fan (I hate Google's Play Store privacy policy), but this hasn't been an issue. As such, without finding a solution to moving images back onto iOS devices the future is bleak for Apple in my home.

I should add I do not use cloud services and do not care/want to use cloud based services. I also don't care to jailbr*** the unlocked (owned) iOS devices just to perform such a simple functionality. As such, advice would be helpful here.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. BarkingGhost thread starter macrumors regular

I have to use iTunes to put images back onto the iPhones and iPads? I guess I need to figure out how to do this, because I thought iTunes only handled transport for content managed by it, which images didn't seem to imply.

Anyone know of a simple primer on how to do this in iTunes? I'm guessing once I launch iTunes I need to add a new library [of images] somewhere, and then with that library of images known to iTunes get it to push said library content onto desired iOS device.

I just do not know how to do this.

4. BarkingGhost thread starter macrumors regular

OK, I figured it out. I created a directory specific for holding images I wanted to put back onto the iPhone/Pad, connected the iOS device and launched iTunes. I then went to Photos, checked the Sync box, selected the folder I created and hit the Apply button. Worked like a charm.