Putting iPhone information on new Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BedlamGoliath, Jun 18, 2010.

1. BedlamGoliath macrumors newbie

So recently my MacBook recently fizzled out on me and am waiting to get a word on the cost of repairs. In the meantime, I was wondering if there's a way to transfer any information, (mainly songs) onto the Mac, and then transfer that to an external harddrive. When I connect my iPhone to the Mac, it does pop up into iTunes, but every song is faded grey, so that does not give me any hope for transfers. Also, I bought a few albums on my iPhone, so I really don't want to lose them since I cannot transfer them on to my regular computer. So if there is any possible way to get songs, or any other information off my iPhone onto another Mac, please let me know. The main purpose for this is because I want to put my 3GS on Craigslist to get money for the upcoming iPhone 4. Thank you in advanced.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. BedlamGoliath thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much, but for some reason the music I bought from my iPhone is not appearing on the application. Is there any other way to get the purchased music from the phone off?

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

if its music that you've paid for from iTunes, then all have to do is go to:

iTunes>File>Transfer Purchase from "iPhone"