Putting large pictures on iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by isaac17, Sep 16, 2007.

1. isaac17 macrumors member

Alright, so I put my archives of MacHall, Penny Arcade, Megatokyo, Applegeeks, etc (Web comics)... on my touch, and apparently apple scales down the images to fit the screen... This would normally be fine, but there isn't an option to just use the actual images (apple was probably just trying to save space or something...).

So, my question is, is there any way of putting large images on the itouch or iphone without them being scaled way down? They look pretty bad when you look at large images full size...

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I don't believe there's any way to have a full-res photo on the iPod touch - I could see it if disk use was enabled, but alas...

3. isaac17 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah... well that really sucks. I can view them on the web fine, but it's bad if I put them in Pictures

4. thedarkhorse macrumors 6502a

There should be a way, or else what would be the point of the pinching to zoom feature?

5. onionperson654 macrumors regular

onionperson654

Yeah, the examples given in the keynote and on Apple's website (although though the blackscreen issues suggest those weren't typical models) show such substantial zooming that there had to be larger images. Lets just hope that you can put native images and that it doesn't stop it at 2 megapixels (iphone's camera, a logical point) or something different.

6. shoefly macrumors member

With my 5G iPod, there's an option under the photos tab to "include full-resolution photos". Isn't that there on the touch?

7. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

no because you can't enable the touch for disk use.

when you check that box all it does it enable disk use and puts full-res pics on the ipod that u cannot view. i think it's for people who want like a backup of their pictures.